Leader: Olivier Aumont
- The purpose of this task is (i) to identify and gather key observation databases for the project and (ii) to gather model-data inter-comparison tools available within the consortium.
- The tools and database will be made available to the project team through the project information system at LGGE. The database will in particular (but not only) include: ARGO profiles, elephant seals data, GLODAP, SOCAT and satelllite ocean color data. The tools will in particular include DRAKKAR monitoring procedure and the tools developed during ANR CONVERGENCE. The tools will be coherently assembled in a hierarchical model assessment procedure.
- The expected outcome is the preparation of an integrated evaluation procedure to be used throughout the project.
- The purpose of this task is to revisit the formulation and the parameters of Iron sources in PISCES biogeochemical model.
- The expected outcome is an improved primary production distribution and seasonality in the Southern Ocean in PISCES simulations.
- The purpose of this task is to adapt the parameters of PISCES biogeochemical model to Southern Ocean condition in the revisited model configuration eORCA1 (extended grid and new iron sources).
- The expected outcome is a improved model representation of Southern Ocean biogeochemical cycles in PISCES. This will be presented in paper to be prepared for Geophysical Model Development.